300.501 Opportunity to examine records; parent participation in meetings.
(a) Opportunity to examine records. The parents of a child with a disability must be afforded, in accordance with the procedures of §§300.613 through 300.621, an opportunity to inspect and review all education records with respect to—
(1) The identification, evaluation, and educational placement of the child; and
(2) Each public agency must provide notice consistent with §300.322(a)(1) and (b)(1) to ensure that parents of children with disabilities have the opportunity to participate in meetings described in paragraph (b)(1) of this section.
(3) A meeting does not include informal or unscheduled conversations involving public agency personnel and conversations on issues such as teaching methodology, lesson plans, or coordination of service provision. A meeting also does not include preparatory activities that public agency personnel engage in to develop a proposal or response to a parent proposal that will be discussed at a later meeting.
(1) Each public agency must ensure that a parent of each child with a disability is a member of any group that makes decisions on the educational placement of the parent’s child.
(2) In implementing the requirements of paragraph (c)(1) of this section, the public agency must use procedures consistent with the procedures described in §300.322(a) through (b)(1).
(3) If neither parent can participate in a meeting in which a decision is to be made relating to the educational placement of their child, the public agency must use other methods to ensure their participation, including individual or conference telephone calls, or video conferencing.
(4) A placement decision may be made by a group without the involvement of a parent, if the public agency is unable to obtain the parent’s participation in the decision. In this case, the public agency must have a record of its attempt to ensure their involvement.
Severe Discrepancy, Screening
idea_regulations-template-default single single-idea_regulations postid-56625 wp-custom-logo wp-embed-responsive with-font-selector no-anchor-scroll footer-on-bottom animate-body-popup social-brand-colors hide-focus-outline link-style-standard has-sidebar content-title-style-normal content-width-normal content-style-boxed content-vertical-padding-show non-transparent-header mobile-non-transparent-header kadence-elementor-colors elementor-default elementor-kit-82278 Sec.300.501Opportunitytoexaminerecords;parentparticipationinmeetings Sec.300.501Opportunitytoexaminerecords;parentparticipationinmeetings Sec 300501 Opportunity to examine records; parent participation in meetings Sec 300 501 Opportunity to examine records; parent participation in meetings Sec. 300.501 Opportunity to examine records; parent participation in meetings Sec.300.501Opportunitytoexaminerecords;parentparticipationinmeetings Sec. 300.501 Opportunity to examine records; parent participation in meetings Sec.300.501Opportunitytoexaminerecords;parentparticipationinmeetings Sec.--300.501-Opportunity-to-examine-records;-parent-participation-in-meetings Sec. 300.501 Opportunity to examine records; parent participation 1 1000 Sec.--300.501-Opportunity-to-examine-records;-parent-participation-1-1000 Sec.300.501Opportunitytoexaminerecords;parentparticipation11000