Sec. 300.300 (a) (2)

(2) For initial evaluations only, if the child is a ward of the State and is not residing with the child’s parent, the public agency is not required to obtain informed consent from the parent for an initial evaluation to determine whether the child is a child with a disability if—

(i) Despite reasonable efforts to do so, the public agency cannot discover the whereabouts of the parent of the child;
(ii) The rights of the parents of the child have been terminated in accordance with State law; or
(iii) The rights of the parent to make educational decisions have been subrogated by a judge in accordance with State law and consent for an initial evaluation has been given by an individual appointed by the judge to represent the child.

Severe Discrepancy, Screening
idea_regulations-template-default single single-idea_regulations postid-59702 wp-custom-logo wp-embed-responsive with-font-selector no-anchor-scroll footer-on-bottom animate-body-popup social-brand-colors hide-focus-outline link-style-standard has-sidebar content-title-style-normal content-width-normal content-style-boxed content-vertical-padding-show non-transparent-header mobile-non-transparent-header kadence-elementor-colors elementor-default elementor-kit-82278 Sec.300.300(a)(2) Sec.300.300(a)(2) Sec 300300 (a) (2) Sec 300 300 (a) (2) Sec. 300.300 a 2 Sec.300.300a2 Sec. 300.300 a 2 Sec.300.300a2 Sec.--300.300-a-2 Sec. 300.300 a 2 Sec.--300.300-a-2 Sec.300.300a2

Last modified on May 3, 2017