(c) The Hearing Official or Hearing Panel may regulate the course of proceedings and the conduct of the parties during the proceedings. The Hearing Official or Hearing Panel takes all steps necessary to conduct a fair and impartial proceeding, to avoid delay, and to maintain order, including the following:
(1) The Hearing Official or Hearing Panel may hold conferences or other types of appropriate proceedings to clarify, simplify, or define the issues or to consider other matters that may aid in the disposition of the case.
(2) The Hearing Official or Hearing Panel may schedule a prehearing conference with the Hearing Official or Hearing Panel and the parties.
(3) Any party may request the Hearing Official or Hearing Panel to schedule a prehearing or other conference. The Hearing Official or Hearing Panel decides whether a conference is necessary and notifies all parties.
(4) At a prehearing or other conference, the Hearing Official or Hearing Panel and the parties may consider subjects such as—
(B) The receipt of comments from the parties on the need for oral argument or evidentiary hearing;
(C) Further proceedings before the Hearing Official or Hearing Panel (including an evidentiary hearing or oral argument, if either is scheduled);
(D) Requesting the names of witnesses each party wishes to present at an evidentiary hearing and estimation of time for each presentation; or
(E) Completion of the review and the initial decision of the Hearing Official or Hearing Panel.
(5) A prehearing or other conference held under paragraph (c)(4) of this section may be conducted by telephone conference call.
(6) At a prehearing or other conference, the parties must be prepared to discuss the subjects listed in paragraph (b)(4) of this section.
(7) Following a prehearing or other conference the Hearing Official or Hearing Panel may issue a written statement describing the issues raised, the action taken, and the stipulations and agreements reached by the parties.
idea_regulations-template-default single single-idea_regulations postid-57705 wp-custom-logo wp-embed-responsive with-font-selector no-anchor-scroll footer-on-bottom animate-body-popup social-brand-colors hide-focus-outline link-style-standard has-sidebar content-title-style-normal content-width-normal content-style-boxed content-vertical-padding-show non-transparent-header mobile-non-transparent-header kadence-elementor-colors elementor-default elementor-kit-82278 Sec.300.181(c) Sec.300.181(c) Sec 300181 (c) Sec 300 181 (c) Sec. 300.181 c Sec.300.181c Sec. 300.181 c Sec.300.181c Sec.--300.181-c Sec. 300.181 100 Sec.--300.181-100 Sec.300.181100