300.140 Due process complaints and State complaints.
(a) Due process not applicable, except for child find.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, the procedures in §§300.504 through 300.519 do not apply to complaints that an LEA has failed to meet the requirements of §§300.132 through 300.139, including the provision of services indicated on the child’s services plan.
(b) Child find complaints—to be filed with the LEA in which the private school is located.
(1) The procedures in §§300.504 through 300.519 apply to complaints that an LEA has failed to meet the child find requirements in §300.131, including the requirements in §§300.300 through 300.311.
(2) Any due process complaint regarding the child find requirements (as described in paragraph (b)(1) of this section) must be filed with the LEA in which the private school is located and a copy must be forwarded to the SEA.
(c) State complaints.
(1) Any complaint that an SEA or LEA has failed to meet the requirements in §§300.132 through 300.135 and 300.137 through 300.144 must be filed in accordance with the procedures described in §§300.151 through 300.153.
(2) A complaint filed by a private school official under §300.136(a) must be filed with the SEA in accordance with the procedures in §300.136(b).
Last modified on May 3, 2017