- This event has passed.
U.S. Department of the Treasury Latino Economic Summit
June 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
With racial equity at the forefront of the Biden-Harris Administration’s policy approach, we have seen one of the most robust and equitable economic recoveries in recent history. With the passage of a once-in-a-generation suite of legislation – CHIPs, Inflation Reduction Act, Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, American Rescue Plan – we have an opportunity to take this same intentionality in policy design and implementation to drive an economy that truly works for all.
Please join the U.S. Department of the Treasury for Investing in the Economic Future of the Latino Community, on Friday, June 23 from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. We are bringing together advocates, researchers, practitioners, business leaders, and colleagues from across the Administration for a series of discussions on how we can unlock the full economic potential of the Latino community.
You can view the livestream: External Webcast Link.
Investing in the Economic Future of the Latino Community
Friday, June 23, 2023
** All times ET **
10:00 – 10:10 AM Welcome Remarks by Treasury Counselor for Racial Equity Janis Bowdler
10:10 – 10:15 AM Introduction by Janet Murguía, UnidosUS
10:15 – 10:25 AM Remarks by Senator Bob Menendez
10:25 – 11:05 AM Panel: Mapping the Latino Economic Landscape
- Janis Bowdler, Treasury Counselor for Racial Equity (moderator)
- Tonantzin Carmona, Brookings Metro
- Ingrid Millán, McKinsey & Company
- Emi Reyes, Latino Economic Development Center
- Miguel Estien, Department of Commerce
11:05 – 11:30 AM Invest in America Offers Economic Opportunities for Latinos
- Marco Davis, Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (moderator)
- Alejandra Castillo, Economic Development Administration
- Xochitl Torres Small, Department of Agriculture
The livestream will be paused from 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
1:05 – 1:45 PM Panel: Growing the Economic Power and Impact of the Latino Community
- Noel Poyo, Treasury Deputy Assistant Secretary for Community and Economic Development (moderator)
- Brayan Rosa-Rodriguez, UnidosUS
- Guillermo Mena, National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislatures
- Marla Bilonick, NALCAB
- Diana Caba, Hispanic Federation
1:45 – 1:50 PM Introduction by Ramiro Cavazos, USHCC
1:50 – 2:00 PM Closing Remarks by Treasury Deputy Secretary Wally Adeyemo