Join as OVAE launches an engagement process to develop a national action plan to improve the skills of low-skilled adults. This event, held tomorrow, Wednesday, November 20, from 9:00am-11:30am ET, will be live streamed and virtual participation is encouraged. The event will focus on the recently-released data collected by the OECD as part of the PIAAC Survey of Adult Skills which indicates significant areas of weakness in the U.S. adult workforce.
Moderated by OVAE’s Assistant Secretary Brenda Dann-Messier, guest presenters at the event include U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan; National Center for Educational Statistics Commissioner Jack Buckley; and key partners:
- Mark Greenberg, Acting Assistant Secretary for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Eric Seleznow, Acting Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Labor
- Richard Laine, Director, National Governors Association
- Matt Erskine, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development
- Alejandra Ceja, Executive Director, White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics
- Michael Yudin, Acting Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
Tune in to the panel and stay tuned for the small group discussions, during which input will be collected through OVAE@ed.gov.
See other reports released about the PIAAC data at http://www.piaacgateway.com/, including the OECD report written for OVAE, Time for the U.S. to Reskill? What the Survey of Adult Skills Says.
The event will be archived here.