This web page provides information and resources of particular interest to community-based organizations, both secular and faith-based, working to expand and improve learning opportunities for students.
Did you Know?
“Education Matters” is a resource that highlights key information to help improve educational outcomes for communities and families.
How You Can Help
Faith and non-profit leaders, principals, and teachers, feel free to share and distribute the bulletins widely. You can post them on your organizations and/or schools’ websites or print and distribute them with your newsletters and bulletins. Make sure that your schools, families, congregations, and other constituents are aware of the issues highlighted in the Education Matters bulletins. It is our hope that these resources will aid you in helping our young people succeed.
The White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships has developed a partnership guide for faith-based and neighborhood organizations. The guide provides faith-based and community organizations with information about opportunities to form partnerships across government, on issues from education to housing to job creation, summer feeding programs, responsible fatherhood and disaster response.
Our office does not manage or provide grant money. The Department of Education does provide a number of grant opportunities that can all be found here.
Please note that the inclusion of any resource or program example does not mean, and should not be construed as, a promotion or endorsement of that organization, or any products or services offered by that organization, by the Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships or the U.S. Department of Education.
- Expanded Learning Resources
- Search Institute: Resources for educators, youth-serving organizations, faith communities, and parents and families.
- ACT for Youth: Research and resources, including information on involvement of faith-based organizations.
- National Youth Development Information Center: Toolkit materials for partnerships between education agencies, schools, and community-based organizations.
- Coalition for Community Schools: Checklists to assist school and community leaders in creating and/or strengthening community-school partnerships.
- Partnerships for After School Education: Resources for after school programs.
- The Wallace Foundation: Resources to help develop and sustain high-quality out-of-school learning programs.
- Harvard Family Research Project: Research on out-of-school time programs and program profiles and evaluations.
- Corporation for National and Community Service: Compilation of resources for developing community partnerships.
- Faith & Service Technical Education Network (FASTEN): Resources for faith organizations and others engaged in community renewal.
- Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL): Afterschool training toolkit equipped with sample resources and lessons.
- School Performance Information:
- National Center for Education Statistics: Research arm of the U.S. Department of Education.
- GreatSchools: Assessment data and user community reviews of schools.
- Alliance for Excellent Education: Detailed 4-year graduation rates for high schools.
- Education Equality Project: Compiles education data from a number of sources
- Education, enrichment, and other resources:
- Face to Faith: Use digital technology for students of different religions, cultures and beliefs to learn about one another.
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence: Central location for accessing free educational resources for teachers and students.
- Character Counts: Character education resources for instructors, parents, and youth.
- Pursuing Victory With Honor: Character and positive skill building for sports programs.
- Watch D.O.G.S: Father involvement initiative for schools.
- Parent report card for schools:
Parent and family involvement in the form of a parent/family report card adapted from Eccleston Elementary School [PDF 146K]