- WHIAAPI Webinar on 2020 Census Planning
- March 28, 2016 at 2 – 3:30 pm EST
- Jacob James Fitisemanu, Jr., member of the President’s Advisory Commission on AAPIs and the Census Bureau National Advisory Committee and Dr. Jennifer Kim, Chief of the Content, Language, and Data Products Branch at the U.S. Census Bureau, will present a briefing on the 2020 Census Operational Plan, research leading up to its release and some of the Census Bureau’s contract opportunities.
- Register here by Friday, March 25 at 6pm EST
- Meeting Number: 740 095 408
- Meeting Password: whitehouseaapi
Below are announcements from various federal agencies. For further information, please visit the respective agency’s website.
Department of Homeland Security
- DHS Enhances Opportunities for H-1B1, E-3, CW-1 Nonimmigrants and Certain EB-1 Immigrants, Final Rule Posted
Federal Emergency Management Agency
National Science Foundation
- Presidential Awards for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring (PAESMEM)
- Nominations due June 17, 2016
- PAESMEM recognizes individuals for their mentoring of persons from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, women, persons with disabilities, and person from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Teleconference on Funding opportunities for the FY 2016 Citizenship and Integration Grant Program
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016 from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- During this teleconference, USCIS officials will provide an overview of the Citizenship and Integration Grant Program and answer your questions about the application requirements and process.
- To register, please visit our registration page to confirm your participation. Follow the steps below:
- Enter your email address and select “Submit”
- Select “Subscriber Preferences”
- Select the “Event Registration” tab
- Complete the questions and select “Submit”